PolyCoat™ takes place with a two-component liquid polyurethane; the two components are mixed and dosed onto the printed items by means of nozzles.
The two components are cured by heat (polymerization).
After the polymerization, the PolyCoat treatment meets the following requirements:
– GADSL – Global Automotive Declarable Substance List.
– Safety of toys: UNI EN 71-3; ASTM F963 – Migration Limits for Heavy Metals.
– RoHS I – II – III: Directive NO. 2002/95/EC, Directive no. 2011/65/EC, Directive 2015/863 EC. Restriction of the use of certain hazardous Substances.
– REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals).
– Contact with Foodstuff. EC–Directives 89/109; 02/72; 97/48; 82/711; 85/572; 76/769 German Law §30 and §31 LMBG (Lebensmittel- und Bedarfsgegenständegesetz) EU Regulations 1935/2004 and 10/2011.
Durability and test results:
Raw material: Two-component polyurethane, mercury-free.
Durability: 5-10 years.
Temperature-resistant: -40 to +150 degrees C.
Resistant to: salt water, petrol, diesel, oil, anti-freeze and turpentine.
Surfaces are resistant to blows and scratches.
Results after 120 hours test:
In humid air: No impact.
In salt mist: No impact.
In tropical chamber: No impact.
Immersed in oil: No impact.
Immersed in turpentine: No impact.
Immersed in anti-freeze: No impact.
Immersed in diesel oil: No impact.